Professor Narus serves as a Research Fellow at the Institute for the Study of Business Markets at the Pennyslvania State University. He is co-author of the management practice book, "Value Merchants", the textbook, "Business Market Management: Understanding, Creating, and Delivering Value", and the author of the book, "Build, Fix, or Terminate: The Distributor's Guide to More Profitable Supplier Relations". Professor Narus not only is involved in a variety of international marketing research projects but also regularly teaches abroad at such schools as University College Dublin (Ireland), Bordeaux School of Management (France), University of Twente (The Netherlands), Universidad Torcuato di Tella (Argentina), Dublin Institute of Technology (Ireland), Hanken School of Business (Finland), Fundacao Dom Cabral (Brazil), and Irish Management Institute (Ireland). He has worked as a marketing professor at Wake Forest University since January 1988.
- Narus, J. A. (2015). B2B Salespeople Can Survive If They Reimagine Their Roles. Harvard Business Review, | more information
- Narus, J. A. , Anderson, A. C. , & Wouters, M. (2014). Tie-Breaker Selling: How Nonstrategic Suppliers Can Help Customers Solve Important Problems. Harvard Business Review,
- Wynstra, F. , Anderson, J. C. , Narus, J. A. , & Wouters, M. (2012). Supplier Development Responsibility and NPD Project Outcomes: The Mediating Roles of Monetary Quantification of Differences and Supporting-Detail Gathering. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29 (December 2012), 103-123.
- Narus, J. A. , & Donath, B. (2009). Build, Fix, or Terminate. National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors' Institute for Distribution Excellence. | more information
- Wouters, M. , Anderson, J. C. , Narus, J. A. , & Wynstra, F. (2009). Improving Sourcing Decisions in NPD Projects: Monetary Quantification of Points of Difference. Journal of Operations Management, 27 (1), 64-77.
- Anderson, J. C. , Narus, J. A. , & Narayandas, D. (2008). Business Market Management. Pearson Education, Inc..
- Anderson, J. C. , Kumar, N. , & Narus, J. A. (2008). Business Value Merchants. Marketing Management, (March-April), 31-35.
- Anderson, J. C. , Kumar, N. , & Narus, J. A. (2007). Value Merchants. Harvard Business School Press.
- Muthuraman, B. , Sen, A. , Sesahdri, D. , & Narus, J. A. (2006). Understanding the Process of Transitioning to Customer Value Management. Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, (April 2006)
- Anderson, J. C. , Narus, J. A. , & van Rossum, W. (2006). Customer Value Propositions in Business Markets. Harvard Business Review, (March 2006)
- Narus, J. A. (2005). Connect with Your Suppliers: A Wholesaler-Distributor's Guide to Electronic Communications Systems. National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors.
- Narus, J. A. , Carpenter, G. S. , & Anderson, J. C. (2001). Managing Market Offerings in Business Markets. In (Ed.), (pp. 330-365). New York: Kellogg on Marketing. Dawn Iacobussi: John Wiley & Sons Inc. | more information
In the Media
- April 29, 2016 - The Digital Buyer: Design Your Website to Allay Customer Doubt, Procurement Leaders: Global Intelligence Network | more information
- March 23, 2016 - What Does Tomorrow's Digitally Enabled Function Look Like?, Procurement Leaders UK | more information
- February 22, 2016 - Where are the online, B2B product reviews?, Procurement Leaders Global Intelligence Network | more information
- February 9, 2016 - The digital buyer: how B2B customers want to talk about suppliers, Purchasing Leaders Global Intelligence Network | more information
- January 13, 2016 - "Incorporating online reviews and evaluations in B2B Procurement", Blog Talk Radio | more information
- December 1, 2015 - "The Influence of the Digital Environment on Decision-Making in Procurement", Blog Talk Radio | more information